Quote of the Week

"The key is to commit crimes so confusing that police feel too stupid to even write a crime report about them."
Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive Comic
10-30-03. Web Comic Pioneer

Monday, December 28, 2009

Getting started at mystery challenge

Reading 26 mysteries by 26 authors I had never read before in 52 weeks seemed like an interesting challenge for 2010, writing about the experience (and the books) equally challenging. With that in mind, I opened one of my favorite websites: www.stopyourekillingme.com opened the section of "A" authors and picked one literally at random. And so, I was introduced to Glynn Marsh Alam, more about her later. I looked for her books in Thompson, no luck so I moved on to the Bracken Library in Woodstock. Deb Sharpe, librarian, let me know she could order it but only three libraries in Connecticut had copies. I got one of the precious three and am already reading. One thing I have learned already is to pick out a few authors and then actually go see if the libraries have copies. Another decision I've made is to pick authors that no one has influenced me about either - the better to be completely open minded.
More to follow at end of week. Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment